OPI’s gel nail polish is officially called “GelColor Soak-off Gel Lacquer” and in short, a gel manicure is a coat of colored gel that looks deceptively similar to nail polish. It's a thin brush-on formula, designed for high performance and a glossier finish regular nail polish. When it comes to the question of "How long do gel nails last?" In fact, an OPI GelColor manicure lasts for up to 2 weeks.
Can gel nail polish be cured without a UV light? The primary difference between gel nails and a regular manicure is curing:
Between each coat, you cure the color and set the gel nail polish by putting your nails under a special LED light.
1. If you’re wearing polish already, it will be removed.
2. Nails are trimmed, if needed, and shaped with a file. Pick out your favorite nail shape ahead of time!
3. Cuticles are pushed back or trimmed and nails are buffed then cleaned; you may be asked to wash your hands.
4. A nail primer like OPI Bond Aid is applied which brings the surface of the natural nail to the proper pH for optimum adhesion, and a bonding base coat is applied. Finishing the preparation to the nail for long-lasting coverage.
5. Nails are cured under an LED light.
6. Coats of lacquer and time curing under the LED light alternate until topcoat is applied and cured.
7. Nails are wiped with an alcohol wipe; you may receive a hand and wrist massage as well!
All products are shipped within 48-72 business hours and usually delivered within 3-8 business days.
If you aren't completely satisfied with your product, return the item within 14 days of delivery for a refund (see refund policy for more details)